Thanks @forever21 for providing the perfect #nailspiration! #thuglife #ididntchoosethethuglifethethuglifechoseme
Happy International Day Against Homophobia and Transophobia!
Due to increased homophobic comments at my school the last year (a problem we didn’t have before), I made a raid at my school and put up some hand-made posters all over it.
For those who can’t read, or in some cases don’t speak Swedish, here’s the posters:
1. “HAPPY INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA AND TRANSOPHOBIA!”
2. “HAVE A GAY DAY!”
3. “A lesson in flags:
The LGBTQ-flag, aka, the gay flag.However, it is used by the whole LGBTQ-community. Homosexuals feel attraction to the same gender.
The Bisexual flag.Bisexuals feel attraction to two genders.
The Transgender flag. Also known as Transsexuals, are people born in the wrong body - they are born with the wrong sex.
The Pansexual flag. Pansexuals feel attraction to all genders - or feel attraction beyond gender.
The Genderqueer flag. People outside the gender binary - not female and not male. There are different kinds of genderqueers.
The Asexual flag. People who don’t feel sexual attraction to others, or don’t want to have sex. Some feel romantically attraction, others don’t.
Straight flag - yeah, you got a flag too.It’s not much to cheer about, but euh, it’s a flag.
The Swedish flag (duh?). Seen as the most gay-friendly country. Yaay! But why do I hear “faggot” in the corridors, then?
The latest country to legalize same-sex marriage and adoption for same-sex couples, making it the 14th country to do so. You go, France!
UK, or parts of it, is likely to become the next country to legalize same-sex marriage and adoption for same-sex couples.
USA have variation in their LGBTQ-rights. Some allows marriage and adoption, others still have their sodomy-laws.
In some Parts of Russia,you are no longer allowed to “propagate” for gay rights. No Pride flags. Sorry.”
“Hope this was helpful!”
“Have a nice day!”
4. “To “assume” would make an “ass” out of “u” and “me”. Dont assume someone’s sexual orientation or gender identification.”
5. “FREE to LOVE who I want.”
6. “Young LGBTQ-people are one of the groups with the HIGHEST SUICIDE RISK, with four times higher than other young people. 34 000 dies every year. How many do you want to kill?”
7. “Studies have shown that about 10% of all humans are LGBTQ-people. By the way, we are about 210 students at this school.”
8.“To shout FAG always hurts someone. And it hurts so damn much.”
9. “Fun Fact: The year was 1979 and homosexuality was classified as an illness. Swedish workers called in sick from work, claiming they “felt gay”. And that’s how Sweden declassified homosexuality as an illness. WHO classified homosexuality as an mental illness until 17th May 1990.”
10. “Homosexuality can be found in thousands of species. Homophobia can only be found in one. Don’t be the missing link!”
11. “The Bible also says that you shall not shave, socialize with a woman on her period, or wear clothes in two materials. Damn, what a sinners we are! … And then it was also a mistranslation…”
12. “PRIDE NOT PREJUDICE.”
And then I also pined a pride flag I painted to my skirt.
I acctually got many positive comments, though I did become called “fag”. And the girls that thought I was gay? They really think so now. But at the end of the day, none was teared down. Well, someone did acctually turn the Happy IDAHOT-poster around, so I turned it back. and someone told me that the Faggot-poster had been teared down in a corner or two. And there was some scratch marks on it, too. But I will see it on the bright side this time.
I hade fun making them. And put them up over the school. Today was a gay day~